Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hamilton Bus Strike Averted

I'm glad to hear that the HSR and the city have come to an agreement and there will be no bus strike. I remember the last bus strike, which lasted for three months. Ridership never really recovered after it, as people found ways to get along without the bus.

I still hope the HSR can implement signs at important stops with information on how many minutes until the next bus (real-time information, not just that based on the schedule). I really think it could boost ridership, as people walking by could see that a bus is just about to come and pay the $2.55 single fare. When I lived in Europe I know I would do this. Or if you know it is going to be 20 minutes, you could pop into a store for a bit. The HSR has this information, they just need to catch up to other bus services.

No comments:

Post a Comment